2013年12月2日星期一

I went to my brother's party later that day

The 37-year-old emptied the contents of the bag into his deep fat fryer, not realising the deceased rodent had been frozen alongside the battered langoustine tails.He has now reported the grisly find to Tesco and environmental health officials who are investigating.Mr Ali bought the 3 packet from Tesco in Bathgate on Wednesday and later that day decided to fry them up for an afternoon snack.He said: "I stuck my hand in the bag and put it in, I was in a hurry."But he noticed something was amiss when he checked the pan two minutes later.He said: "I saw something black was inside it. I think it's a matter of timing primarily, I thought 'what the hell is that?'"I fished it out and it was a mouse. I was shocked, upset and angry. I was looking forward to scampi. I love scampi."After the incident he contacted the supermarket chain and West Lothian Council's trading standards department.He said the experience has left him unable to eat anything, adding: "I've only been drinking juice, I'm starving."And he described how he has been taunted over the incident by some members of his family.He said: "I went to my brother's party later that day and as soon as I got in my brother was going, 'squeak, squeak!'

"A West Lothian Council spokesman said: "We have been contacted by a local resident regarding the alleged find of a mouse in a locally bought food product. Our environmental health officers are investigating."A Tesco spokeswoman said: "We set ourselves very high standards for the safety and quality of our food. Swansea needs to recycle an extra 7,000 tonnes a year if the council is to meet a Wales-wide target of 58% by 2016.It currently recycles 52% of what is thrown out and from 2016 will be fined 200 for every tonne under the target.The council's cabinet will decide on the limit on Tuesday and could introduce it in April."The result of limiting black bags and increasing recycling will helps the council avoid any unnecessary fines, lower waste disposal costs and improve our local environment," said cabinet member June Burtonshaw."We have a wide range of popular recycling services available for residents and the latest research shows that almost three quarters of people now put out two or less black bags."We now want to go a step further by encouraging more people to reduce their black bag waste by limiting the amount of black bags that we'll collect."However, we'll be working with residents to introduce these changes over time and we'll also take account of people's circumstances such as the size of their family and any obstacles to recycling."

没有评论:

发表评论